Sunday, May 23, 2010

May 16: Art Home at Palais de Tokyo (Tokyo Palace)

I’ve written before about the central role of the café or restaurant in the museums of Paris, so it’s fitting that the Palais de Tokyo created an art installation with is basically just a glass box perched on their roof in which they serve lunch and dinner. It’s only running for a couple of months, and there are only 12 places at the table, so act fast if you, too, want to brag about being all arty! They accommodate vegetarians, although after telling the maître d’ that I ate eggs, he then brought me an appetizer composed of fish eggs. Guess who lost the argument (“It’s fish.” “No, it’s eggs, and you told me that you eat eggs!”) and was rewarded with a second appetizer with another type of fish eggs. The things I suffer for your sake, dear reader.