Tuesday, March 23, 2010

March 15: Centre Historique des Archives Nationales: Musée de l’Histoire de France (Historical Center of the National Archives: Museum of the History

I’m an extremely organized person, so there’s no way that I would have visited the National Archives shortly after the closure of the special exhibition I wanted to see. No way! The reason that I’m not going to describe that special exhibition is that, ummmm… it was so life-changingly awesome that I can’t even find words to describe it.

If you happen to visit when there’s not a special exhibition, there are a few rooms open to the public (no charge). These are 18th c. reception rooms, with carved wooden paneling and sculpted plaster and one Boucher painting. If your life is not complete without carved wooden paneling, check it out. If not, just east a sandwich in the courtyard – a lovely, symmetrical private lawn with nice benches.